Nearly a month into 2017, what are some of the biggest issues facing property preservation, or maintenance of vacant properties?
In the article below, entitled “The Waiting Game with Vacant Properties“, the DS News piece explores some of the biggest issues facing property preservation, or maintenance of vacant properties, present day.
It’s not unusual for a property to have been sitting vacant for years, which presents a whole new set of challenges in effective property preservation. The article below explores …
Quick Summation / Takeaways
Here are a few quick takeaways from an industry insider from the article below so you, as a foreclosure cleanup business owner, know that to expect in the line of services you may be considering offering to your loss mitigation clients in this new world of property preservation.
- What you’re seeing now with this philosophy of getting properties more of market-ready and neighborhood-like is that those vacant properties aren’t sticking out like they used to.
- The grass is being maintained just as well as the neighbor’s grass, and in some cases they’re cutting the grass more frequently than what’s required by normal investor guidelines.
- Also, from a security standpoint, we’re seeing the use of steel security more and more in the industry.
- One other things that we’re seeing with a lot of our clients is that actually more work is being done at the properties before the foreclosure sale.
- There are a couple of different companies in the industry that provide steel windows and steel doors, so that way if you do have a property that’s broken into multiple times and you just can’t keep the criminals out, we’ll actually put steel on the property.
- You might have somebody living there in the property, and so I think by taking a lot of those steps, you’re seeing that help cut down on the deterioration, help eliminate neighborhood blight, and help keep those properties in as good a condition as possible as they go through the foreclosure process.
Read the full article entitled “The Waiting Game with Vacant Properties” … http://www.dsnews.com/daily-dose/01-24-2017/waiting-game-vacant-properties
Good insight as you prepare your foreclosure cleanup business for a busy 2017 spring season in property preservation / foreclosure cleaning!
Editorial Added to the Real Estate Services Contracting Blog January 31, 2017)
Use the job listings on other pages of this blog (posted previously) as invaluable resources to get a solid “idea” about the types of jobs and contracts you can secure in the trashout industry for your company. See newer job postings, gleaned from various websites, at http://www.foreclosure-cleanup-blog.com/?page_id=9017. Thank you for your patience as we work to update the foreclosure cleanup blog job postings and property preservation blog content.
Best Value: 2016-2017 Foreclosure Cleanup Business in a Box, http://www.e-junkie.com/stonecottagebooks/product/508962.php
2016-2017 Foreclosure Cleanup Business in a Box, http://www.e-junkie.com/stonecottagebooks/product/508962.php
- Get the 2015-2016 Property Preservation Companies Directory,
- Amazon (Kindle Version): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0134FB66O
- e-Store (PDF Version): http://tinyurl.com/oxjxvxv
- **(Use discount code “socialmedia” for discount in our PDF store)**
- Related Book: How to Start a Foreclosure Cleanup Business (Property Preservation Industry Start-up Guide, Original Edition), http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FGN7O6 / Latest 2016-2017 Edition: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019E3JT96
- Original Edition), http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FGN7O6 / See Latest 2016-2017 Edition Below: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019E3JT96
About Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC:
Our company provides books, reports and forms for the foreclosure cleanup, trashout, and lawn maintenance industries. See http://www.e-junkie.com/stonecottagebooks.